«STELIOS KANAKIS S.A.» WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE – DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1. Intellectual and industrial property rights
- The Company is the owner of the Website and all of its contents. The Company has full and complete copyright, which includes, amongst other rights, the exclusive right to use and exploit both the Website, under Law 2121/1993 on the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, as applicable, as from the time of its creation, and any other application or work that may be considered to be directly or indirectly linked to the Website.
- In particular, the entire content of the Website, including but not limited to, texts, news, graphics, photographs, videos, drawings, illustrations, services and other files of any kind in general, is subject of intellectual property and is governed by national and international intellectual and industrial property laws, with the exception of the explicitly recognized rights of third parties.
- All logos, database rights, trademarks, and other industrial property rights of this Website, as well as its structure and design, are owned exclusively by the Company unless otherwise stated.
- It is expressly prohibited to reproduce, republish, copy, store, sell, transmit, distribute, publish, perform, translate, modify in any way, partially or in summary, of any content of the Website and above rights, without the previous expressed written consent of the Company.
- Every person who wishes to incorporate in its website any part/content of the Website is obliged to obtain prior written consent of the Company, which reserves the right to withdraw such consent-authorization at any time.
2. Website Use/Restrictions
- The visitor/user of the Website must use it in compliance with the rules and provisions of Greek, European and International Law and the relevant legislation governing telecommunications, as well as with the applicable code of conduct on the Internet (Netiquette) and must abstain from any unlawful and abusive use of the content and services of the Website and in general from any activity that may directly or indirectly damage the interests and/or the commercial reputation of the Company.
- Indicatively, use of the Website for sending, publishing, transmitting, reproducing or otherwise disposing of content that may for any reason be, or considered to be, unlawful, threatening, disturbing, obscene or expressing racial opinions, or other discriminations, violent or threatening to violate any patent, trademark, copyright or other property rights of third parties, containing software viruses or any other codes, files, programs designed to cause harm, destroying or obstructing the function of any computer software or hardware, intentionally or unintentionally, and in general violating the applicable Greek and Union law, is prohibited. It is also forbidden for the user to use any software, formula or device to intervene or attempt to intervene electronically or manually in the organization or functionality of the Website, to destroy, alter or otherwise interfere in the final form of this Website or its code, to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to any of the Company’s networks.
- In the event that the Company finds any use by the visitor/user to be in breach of the above, then the user, regardless of any other sanctions, automatically loses his/her right to use the Website and is obliged to immediately cease use of the Website.
3. Liability limitation
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, is the Company liable for any damage that may be caused to the visitor/user by accessing, using, and connecting to the Website.
- The Website’s information and services are provided “as they are”. Although every effort is made to ensure that information provided is accurate, complete, true, updated and highly available to the extent possible, the Company does not warrant for the correctness and accuracy or the merchantability, or suitability of these elements, which the visitor uses solely on his/her own responsibility.
- The Company does not in any way warrant for uninterrupted and error-free provision of the services and content of the Website, nor for absence of viruses. Therefore, the visitor/user acknowledges himself/herself to be solely responsible for the correct and lawful use of the Website and must carry out all necessary checks.
- As a result, any loss or damage of/to the Website or the network that may result from use or inability of the user to use the respective services, or from omissions, program errors, interruptions or delays during the use or during transmission of the information contained therein, etc., or from downloading material, text and other data contained therein, is attributed to the user’s sole responsibility and the Company accepts no responsibility for any loss, alteration or destruction of the data or the software or the hardware of the user that may occur during or after the use of this Website, nor for any program errors (bugs), human factor, program malfunction, or any other error, omission or delay in computer or network connection
4. Exclusion of advice
- Anything provided to the users/visitors through the Website is not, in any way, directly or indirectly, the subject of incitement, advice, or encouragement to carry out any act; nor can it be considered as invitation for the visitor/user to proceed with any other transaction. It is at the discretion of the users/visitors to evaluate whatever is provided to them and act on their own will, excluding any relevant responsibility of the Company.
- Some of the connections of the Website to other websites (via links, hyperlinks, or advertising banners), which are not controlled by the Company, may cause an exit from the Website.
- The Company has not inspected such websites, it does not accept or provide any warranty regarding their content or services and it does not accept any liability that a visitor/user may allege from accessing these websites or from the collection of personal data made by these sites nor does it, of course, warrant for their availability. Moreover, the Company is not responsible for the terms of personal data use and protection that these sites apply thereto.
- Any problems that may arise while visiting/using these websites rest solely in the sphere of liability of the respective websites, to which the users should address.
- A hyperlink to other websites will then only be provided for the convenience of the Website users and in no way creates any form of commitment to any person.
6. Personal Data – Collection and Use
- This Website collects personal data every time the visitor/user subscribes to the services provided and/or completes a registration form and/or uses or visits the Website in general.
This personal data includes, but is not limited to, the name and surname, home or work address, e-mail address, form of employment.
- The Company uses the personal data collected as above in order to inform the visitors/users and to select the content offered to them so that such content is relevant to their general preferences with the aim to meet the requirements of the customers/users of the services and products available from and through the Website and their information on new services, recipes, seminars, and products. In addition, the Company automatically records information from the electronic equipment used by the visitors/users of the Website, including their IP addresses (Log Files). Said files help us record information regarding the type of the browser and the system used by the visitor, as well as information referring to the visit, such as the URL address from which the user visited the Website, as well as the date and time of visit.
This information is stored only for as long as absolutely necessary to ensure the security of networks, information, and services, from random events or illicit or prohibited actions which may endanger the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of the data.
- The Company also collects information from cookies it sends and installs to the visitors’ computers, only if they provide their consent thereto as below, for the improvement of their access and browse and for collection of information with regard thereto.
- Cookies are small data files which are stored on the computer, mobile phone or any other electronic device of the visitors/users during their visit to the Website. Cookies do not access any file of the visitors/users’ device and cannot be separately used to identify their identity.
- The Company uses the following (“web analytics”) cookies, provided by Google:
||To distinguish users/visitors
||To distinguish users/visitors
||After the session
||To throttle request rate
- When visitors/users visit the Website, a cookie banner pops up and gives them the choice giving consent or deny, as the case may be, installation of above cookies. Visitors can withdraw their consent at any time, by deleting cookies in the settings of the Internet browser.
- Cookies do not corrupt or harm the user’s computer or the programs or files of that computer.
7. Subscription to the Company’s newsletters
- While registering in for newsletters of the Company, the visitor/user is asked to provide information such as his / her name, surname, e-mail address.
- Any user who receives newsletters can at any time request termination of the communication and oppose to the collection and use of his data, in an easy and cost-free way, by choosing to unsubscribe from the Company’s newsletters, an option that is provided to any relevant message sent to him/her, in a clear and distinct way.
8. Declaration for the protection of the users’ personal data
- The Company recognizes the importance of the security of the visitors/users’ personal data and is committed to ensuring the security and integrity of the data collected through the Website.
- Therefore, the Company adopts procedures and undertakes and applies the appropriate technical and organizational measures, in order to safeguard the personal data of the users and to protect such data from unauthorized access or disclosure, loss or misuse, and alteration or destruction.
- The Company processes the users’ personal data for reasons related to the use of the Website (e.g. updating, submitting communication requests, receiving recipes, attending seminars, etc.), to improve the services provided and by no means for reasons that are incompatible with the purposes of their collection.
- Such data is retained only for as long as necessary for the purpose of their processing.
- Employees of the Company who have access to the users’ personal data are specific and, in any case, bounded by obligations of confidentiality and security of such data. Unauthorized access is prohibited, except where the use by third parties is permitted or required by law, for example, by competent authorities.
- The Company expressly declares that it does not sell, disclose, or allow access to such data to any third party. Only employees of the Company as above may access information of such nature if the subject of their employment explicitly requires such access. Users’ personal information may also be disclosed to affiliates of the Company or enterprises which co-operate with the Company for the purpose of supporting, promoting, and performing the customer relationship with the Company, etc., supporting the Website, etc. In these cases, the Company ensures that these companies implement similar measures that ensure security and confidentiality of the users’ personal data.
- The Company exerts every reasonable effort to ensure that the use of this information is carried out with absolute discretion, diligence and in accordance with the Law.
9. Visitors/Users’ rights
- Users have the right to access their personal data, be informed of the processing and request a copy thereof, have their data rectified or erased or have incomplete personal data completed, ask for restriction of processing, object to the further processing of their data, etc., as provided for in the applicable Greek and European legislation, for the protection of personal data.
- If and to the extent that the processing is based on their consent, users also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without prejudice to the legitimacy of the processing already made based on such consent up to its revocation.
- For any query, suggestion, remark or statement upon any matter that concerns users as well as the exercise of any of their rights as subjects of personal data held by the Company, users may contact the Company by email to: email@example.com and/or by tel .: +30 210 2419700.
10. Right to refer to the Data Protection Authority
- Users have the right to refer to the Data Protection Authority (ΑΠΔΠΧ) for matters related to the processing of their personal data.
- For information on the jurisdiction of the Authority and on details on how to file a complaint, visitors/users may visit its website (www.dpa.gr – My Rights – Submitting a Complaint), where detailed data is available.
- In the event that any action or claim of any nature arising out of any form of infringement on the part of the user is brought against the Website, the User undertakes to intervene in the relevant proceedings and to indemnify the Company in the event it is compelled to payment of damages or other expense.
12. Applicable law and other Terms
- Any dispute arising from the present Terms shall be brought before the courts of Athens, which are designated as competent courts.
- No modification of any of the provisions of these Terms shall be taken into account and shall not form part thereof unless it has been drafted in writing and incorporated in the Terms.